Friday 8 November 2013

I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING ....

The fantastic thing about having your own art exhibition is the constructive feedback you get.  The Private View at Bath's 44AD Gallery last Tuesday was full of people who were immensely complimentary about the work, and I got more helpful comments last night at the public lecture I gave.


(photo: Melissa Mahon)

This has all been confidence building, and I have already got a busy programme of work to prepare for my next show, back in London at the Anise Gallery, in March.  Expect more big canvases; much more impasto with rust, rivets, weld-seams and patches, and much more single-colour work: the all-black painting Glimpse was undoubtedly the star of this show; and many people said they wished my newest piece Empress had been all-white - all this to give more emphasis to the subversive action of the crust and rust bursting out from below.




I must also say goodbye to Glimpse (above), and other old friends which have been with me in all my shows so far, including Pilot Ladder, Ryde Study and Sand Dredger, which have all found new homes following their exposure at 44AD.



No comments:

Post a Comment