Sunday 15 December 2013

MULLED WINE AND ART IN SHAD THAMES

It was a sheer pleasure yesterday to be at the Anise Gallery for their annual Charity Christmas Auction, this year in support of the art charity The Art Fund.
I was lucky enough to win a piece by Ellie Spafford, and also flattered to have had one of mine sold.
I thought I would share with you the caption that Jacky, the Anise's curator, placed next to my Sailing By 2:

 Apart from the nice things that Jacky says, it raises the question of what is so noteworthy about being a morris dancing artist? - and - more to the point - whoever said I had any connection with Morris dancing whatsoever?
(Certainly my new friends at the Bathampton Morris side would be emphatic in stating that there is currently no connection at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment